Are you looking to create a unique brand voice that resonates with your audience? Follow these 6 simple steps, explained in under a minute.
Your brand’s personality is more than just words; it’s the essence of your company. By consistently delivering messages that align with your brand’s values and promises, you can establish trust and build deeper connections with your audience.
Here are six steps to creating a distinctive and authentic brand voice that truly speaks to your audience:
- Conduct market research to define your target audience. Gather information on demographics, behaviours, needs, and the goals and problems of your target audience.
- Study your competition to identify possible gaps that you can fill.
- Define your company’s vision and values and relate your brand voice to them.
- Determine the tone of your brand voice. Should it sound formal or informal, witty or serious?
- Create guidelines to maintain consistency of your brand voice across all channels. These should include details on tone of voice, brand personality, vision and values, examples, grammar and syntax, and typographic guidelines.
- Review your brand voice regularly to ensure it keeps pace with your evolving brand identity and market trends.
Building a strong brand takes time and effort, but it’s worth it to attract and retain loyal customers.
To give you a little context, I’ve written an in-depth post about creating a distinctive brand voice, but I know that time is often short. That’s why I want to test a new format where I summarise complex topics in less than a minute.
Let me know if you like it.
Title image by Kaboompics